Westell Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a leading provider of high-performance Public Safety and Commercial wireless infrastructure solutions. Westell’s comprehensive wireless solutions enable first responders and the general public to communicate when it matters most. We are a trusted partner in providing high-quality and reliable wireless solutions.
Q & A with Mark Kerschner, Director, Product Management In-Building Wireless at Westell:
* Which problems do you focus on solving in the process of improving in-building public safety wireless communications?
Westell focuses on ensuring first responders and the general public can reliably and clearly communicate in a time of emergency. Problems Westell solutions solve centered around:
- Public Safety Coverage
- Commercial Coverage
- Near-Far Mitigation
* Do you have any products or services that can improve in-building public safety wireless communications?
Yes, Westell offers solution to provide both Public Safety and Commercial coverage within buildings. Offerings include:
- Public Safety Repeaters – FirstNet Ready
- Commercial Band Repeaters
- Battery Back-up Solutions
- Passive Components
- Directional Couplers
- Power Tappers
- Power Dividers
- Hybrid Couplers
- System Monitoring
* Why is it important for Westell and others in the industry to get involved in the public safety arena?
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility. As a provider of RF coverage solutions, Westell believes in the need for our first responders to be able to communicate clearly and reliably in the time of emergency. Likewise, the general public should also have the capability to clearly and reliably communicate where and when they need it.
* What inspired you to join the Safer Buildings Coalition?
For the past year, Westell has been jointly providing educational sessions on RF solutions for Public Safety alongside Chief Alan Perdue. As an OEM of RF solutions, it is imperative Westell supports the Safer Building Coalition ensuring our first responders, and the general public can communicate at the most critical time. Additionally, Westell is working hard to educate building owners, fire chiefs and AHJs on solutions that provide high-quality and reliable communications for first responders and tenants.
* How can others contact you about your products and services?
Please contact Westell by Phone or Email:
Phone: (877) 844-4274 or (603) 626-6677